Just to mention a few stores on the three-block strip: BCBG, Bebe, Bulgari, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, GUESS, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Versace, and Yves St. Laurent.
Archive for the ‘palm springs’ Category
Saturday we sat by the pool before our MAJOR highlight of the weekend – shopping! Did I mention that my shopping partner – a male – was SO MUCH FUN to shop with? He helped carry my bags, waited outside a few dressing rooms for me and dragged me away from the $500 green Prada suit I was drooling over in SPACE. I can’t even remember what stores I didn’t go into since there were so many at the Desert Hills Premium Outlets.
The stores I do remember: Armani, BCBG, Coach, Gucci, Guess, Juicy Couture, Levi’s, Oakley, Skechers, and we had to wait in line (just to get inside) at True Religion and Burberry.
Shopping sprees like that are dangerously exciting for me – orgasmic – and something that I will probably not experience for a long, long time or I will need to seriously sell my soul to the credit card companies (and charge them interest).
We also had a really good meal that night at The Falls in Palm Springs, although we kept having to change our reservations later and later because we just couldn’t stop shopping!
Christmas is coming, I realize. I’m sitting at my computer thinking about all of the wonderful online sites I can hit up to fill the gift boxes for those on my list.
Oh, and to top off my wonderful weekend, my sweetie completely surprised me this morning with a beautiful 7-diamond necklace as my early Christmas gift.
My luck has changed!
by Genichiro Yagyu
All memes, no matter what the subject, remind me of Trudy White’s Could You? Would You? I’m always up for promoting anything to get young people talking and getting to know each other – or themselves – better. I consider myself young (at heart) so I’ll begin…
Could You? Would You?
by Trudy White
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
My best friend from college.
2. What were you doing at 8:00am?
Still trying to wake up.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Responding to over a dozen emails.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
My husband filed for divorced (can’t recall much else from that year…)
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Still working on my first.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
I don’t use a hairbrush, but my comb is blue.
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
9. Where were you last night?
At the office until 10pm
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
In a jar on the kitchen table that reads: Family Fun Night
12. What’s the weather like today?
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
14. What excites you?
Spending a day with family
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
No, it’s short enough as it is.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
Yes, thank god.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Yes, too much.
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
No. And I’m appalled that other people do.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Yes, but only through a friend of a friend.
20. Do you make up your own words?
21. Are you a jealous person?
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’
Andrea, Alison, Amber… (Hi, ladies!)
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
My son’s father
25. What does the last text message you received say
“Yeah, right. Maybe if I win the lotto.”
26. Do you chew on your straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Can’t think of anyone
30. What was the last thing you ate?
31. Will you get married in the future?
My first marriage just ended, and no, I don’t think I will have a second go.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Sure, lots of people!
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
A few days ago
35. Are you currently depressed?
No, should I be?
36. Did you cry today?
37. Why did you answer and post this?
I’ve been having bad luck this week and thought perhaps answering random questions about myself would cheer me up. It has.