Redirecting Children’s Behavior (RCB) of San Diego is proud to present
The First Annual “IT TAKES A VILLAGE” Conference
A 1-day convention for parents, teachers, coaches, grandparents, caregivers,
and anyone who interacts with children.
September 20, 2008
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
University of San Diego
Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Over a dozen parenting workshops will be held throughout this one-day event. Here are just a sample of courses offered:
- Consequences that Work
- Effective Parent-Child Communication
- Enjoying the Teen Years
- Flower Essence Therapy
- Power Struggles in the Classroom
- Handling Sibling Rivalry
- Kids and Money, Abundance and Scarcity
- Let’s Talk about Sex..the Birds and the Bees (Please help me prepare for this workshop by filling out this questionnaire!)
- New Tools and Techniques in Place of Praise
- Redirecting for a Cooperative Classroom
- Redirecting for the Single Parent
- Couple’s Communication
- Strategies for Parents in High-conflict Divorce
- Welcome to the Wonderful World of Sports
- Balancing Love with Discipline (English & Spanish)
- No I Won’t & You Can’t Make Me! (English & Spanish)
Keynote Speaker, Max Simon will join over a dozen Certified Parent Educators* from the San Diego RCB team to inspire peace!
Also presenting will be Emcee, Jeff Detrow from Star 94.1 (the Jeff‐N‐Jer Radio Show) and Susie Walton, founder of Indigo Village and recipient of the San Diego Parent Educator of the Year award. Susie will be presenting a special message about Indigo Children.
Register before September 13th for your early-bird discount!
*Educators are certified through the International Network for Children and Families (INCAF).